Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Well, nobody commented on my blog yesterday but I know somebody read it because it said I have 63 views. Yep... I know you are out there.. you just won't admit it. Anyways, because I had so many views I thought I'd write again today.. And since I wrote about someone specific yesterday I thought I'd do it again! And who better to write about than the birthday boy!!?!? MY DAD!!! Yep, it's my dad's birthday today.. and he's the greatest dad in the whole wide universe. Seriously. Here's some reasons why I like him a whole lot:

one: He's strong AND tender. When I was little and I'd get in trouble, he'd tell me to go to my room and sit on my bed and wait for him. I used to hate it. The anticipation killed me. (ie: should I or should I not add padding to my butt?) But then he'd come in and sit down and explain to me just why I was in trouble and why he had to spank me. And he'd always explain that he loved me very much. Then he'd spank me. As soon as he was done, he would hold me until I finished crying and explain how he loved me all over again.

two: His humor. It's the same as mine. Coincidence..? ;) When I was growing up, we liked to push each other into clothes racks in stores. One specific time that stands out to me was while we were shopping with my mom. He had pushed me into a rack and it was soooooooo funny. (not) So I decided to get him back. We were walking along and as soon as we were right next to a rack full of panties and bras I pushed him as hard as I could and down he went.. right into the bras. At this point Mom was long gone.. pretending she didn't know us. We stood there and giggled with tears rolling down our cheeks!

three: His love for the Lord. It's in his smile. It's in every word he says.

I honestly couldn't have asked for a better dad. He's always, always been there for me.
Happy Birthday, Dad!! I love you!!



And I'll leave you with the words to a special little song he used to sing to me :


I see your hiney
So bright and shiny
If you don't hide it
I'm gunna bite it


6 comments:

  1. You used to sing that little song to Amanda and Savannah. Now I know where you got it.

    Happy Birthday Mr. Brent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the one. That read your blog yesterday. Maybe I read it fifty-ish times? Not 63 though. There must be someone else too. I am so glad you're bloggin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. happy belated birthday papa lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey awkward-hugger friend! I found your blog and have enjoyed reading it! Sweet post about your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Hales
    Thank you for the nice words. It made me tear up. Thank you so much for being a great daughter and friend. And always remember, you'll never know how proud I am to be called your dad. Love Pops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a sweet Dad. You also have a sweet Mom too.

    I read yesterdays blog btw...just didn't comment. I like reading your blogs. Makes me feel closer to you. 3 weeeeeeks!

    ReplyDelete