Saturday, July 9, 2011

In honor of Mom's birthday.... (last week...whoops!)

My mom is my best friend.
Here's some things I love about her.

No. 1: She never goes anywhere without a roll of Ritz crackers in her purse. According to her, Ritz can fix a headache, stomach ache, and when paired with a Diet Coke, be your out-on-the-town-shopping-day lunch.
(And yes, the rumor is true! She does have a nifty little tube that keeps them from being crushed!)

No. 2: She laughs like me. Or I guess, I laugh like her. Only when we are reallllllly tickled about something. We even make the same ugly face. Cue the tears and wheezing.
(But she doesn't do that honking thing that I do... we aren't really sure where that came from.)

No. 3: She 'bruises like a peach'. Or so she says. You can barely punch poke her and sure enough, she bruises.

No. 4: She's a hummer. She hums allllll day long. Everywhere she goes. Half the time she doesn't know she's doing it. But she is. Drives me crazy. She'll hum along to a song she's never heard, in a quiet room, in the kitchen making dinner, while she's driving... hum hum hum.
And you know what? I've been catching myself doing it lately.

No. 5: She makes up words. She thinks they are real and/or thinks that other people won't notice.










I don't know what I'd do without her. You know that song 'Who Are You When I'm Not Looking'? Well if you don't you should listen to it cause it's awesome but anyways.. there's a line in there that says, 'Call up Mama when all else fails..' And I kid you not whenever I hear that part I tear up because that's exactly what I do! Whether it be, 'UMMMMM Mom what does this bill mean?????' or, 'I really have a bad attitude and I just need to vent and have you tell me that it will all be okay and that I need to have a happy heart cause Jesus loves me and is probably just trying to teach me something!!!!!' or, 'I'm in Walmart and I can't find the Watermelon syrup to make my Watermelon Lemonade can you tell me where it is in this giant storeeeee???'
She's always there to help me out.

I love you Mama/Mushi/Maja/Mooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Love,
Peanut

1 comment:

  1. This is sooo sweet! It made me cry cause it reminded me of my mom and me and our relationship!! Great moms are wonderful blessings!!! You have a fabulous one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete